Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hot, So Hot


Seats fill, eyes on the TV
and the miniskirt across the room
barkeep gazes out a window, tapping
a finger with every smoky drag--
fascinating red air.
I pull long on my drink
neon bounces from the laminate counter
while knuckles crack and locals drone.
I rattle my glass and
watch around and around and
around the room.

The man at my left
stands snug to the counter
a white tank yellowed, arm holes
droop to his waist--red sauce
dripping between bristles of his
handled mustache.
He catches my stare
as his stubby tongue
clears liquid fire from two fat lips
my stomach churns
round and round and
round.

I sit up straight
as a woman
bestows a basket of
steaming flesh and bones.
Burning air lingers in my airways
mouth wet, salivating
without a single taste.
I grasp the first wing
snuggly between two trembling hands.
Fire sinks into my skin
as I hold it to my lips--
seduced as I gnaw deep
into the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment